The State Accident Fund offers training opportunities for employers in premium audit, claims, and safety. See the description and links below.
Workers' Compensation 101
This course is an overview of the workers’ compensation process designed primarily for individuals who have little or no background in workers’ compensation claims. Topics covered in this class include:
- SC workers' compensation law and the SC Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Benefit provided under workers’ compensation insurance
- What is the State Accident Fund?
- Accident reporting procedures
- Payment of temporary compensation
- Processing required forms
- Impairment v. disability
- Claims settlement guidelines
- Third Party claims
- Second Injury Fund recoveries
- The premium calculation process
- How to develop an effective workers’ compensation program
Training for our policyholders is a service provided at no cost. If you would like for our staff to visit your agency to provide workers' compensation training for your employees, please email us at email@example.com. Our staff is always available to speak with you and answer your questions.
For safety related training please click the following link, Safety Services.